Download Link of this Minecraft Map: http://adf.ly/bNAz
“You awaken in a small room. Strange messages are written on the wall. Only one thought is on your mind.
Escapecraft is a room-escape puzzle game, Minecraft-style! Decipher clues, solve riddles, exploit the idiosyncratic physics of everyone’s favorite game!
This is a “teaser” to gauge the communities interest. Game includes a dozen levels, and should require no more than 2 hours of game play (assuming you don’t die and have to start over repeatedly). If you know all the answers to the puzzles, you can rush through in about 20 minutes.
Successful completion of the game requires a thorough knowledge of the mechanics of Minecraft (redstone, water, etc). Familiarity with the game’s history will help you understand some of the jokes, but is not strictly required. Fair warning – the later levels may be very difficult.
- Don’t break blocks unless you place them.
- Difficulty must be set to Normal or Hard
- No cheats
Thanks for reading! Now without further ado…
Let me know what you think! Would you like to see more? Ideas for a sequel? Think you have a better puzzle idea?
After a couple requests, I’ve decided to add an option for you all to donate. I’m a grad student at an expensive private university who pays for school by working 40 hours a week at the local bowling alley making minimum wage. In all honesty, making this little mod has been the most fun I’ve had in months. Every $7 I get through this is an hour I don’t have to spend disinfecting shoes and can therefore spend making cool stuff for you (like new levels). If you have enjoyed this, drop a dollar in the tip jar.
- Download file and unzip to your minecraft folder (on Windows 7, go to C: -> Users -> *USERNAME* -> AppData -> Roaming -> .minecraft -> saves )
- Rename folder “World#” (where ‘#’ is a number 1-5). If you already have 5 worlds, you will need to rename one of the existing save folders.
- I recommend creating a additional backup folder, in the all-too-likely event of your death.
- Despite my best efforts, the spawn location is in the wrong place. If you die, its game over. (I would appreciate someone fixing this!)
- Since there is no manual save feature in Minecraft, if you die you must manually reinstall Escapecraft and start over.
- Occassionally, a mob will spawn in unintended locations (likely due to the Halloween Update).